The boys spent over an hour tonight researching contamination in food. They have changed their topic once again and now want to focus on strawberries. No worries. They still have time. Tonight they researched ways in which strawberries can become contaminated. I showed them how to do a Google Search and filter their results on the left hand side dealing with "NEWS" topics and items within the past year. Most up to date information. We also talked about sources of information and credibility.
Tomorrow, they will be working on the board and furthering their research. I challenged them tonight to take a look at the ultrasonic sensor to see if this is something that might be helpful in their challenges. This proved to be challenging for them and something they'll have to revisit at tomorrow's practice.
Boys, I am proud of the work you are doing. Please remember... If your brain is hurting, that means you are learning. This is not meant to be easy. I will not spoon feed you. You'll have to question, read and learn. It's problem solving at its best and I'm so very proud of your efforts with this.
Go Robotrons!
I just created a google doc so we can post all of our information about strawberries on here.
ReplyDeleteCarter
I think we should work on the rats and ultrasonic sensor.Also we should find out more about the types of contamination that strawberries are exposed to.
ReplyDeletekiran
ok.i will post wahtever i can find about strawberries and all the contamination.
ReplyDeleteanthony.
Guys I think that we should focus on getting the ultrasonic sensor attached and working for the board part and for the researching part we should focus on different ways strawberries can contaminated.
ReplyDeleteJames
Carter I think we start another google doc for the main problem that we see in strawberries and ways that we think can solve the problem
ReplyDeleteKiran that is a very good idea! We should also not just find out how strawberries get conaminated. We should find out how strawberries get processed.
ReplyDeleteCarter